Colourful Cooking

Colourful Cooking

Sunday 14 February 2016

Squares

(Olivia Post)

I try not to have too much guilt on the days where my toddler just doesn’t have an appetite. Rather, when all he asks for are ‘Squares’. I offer him alternative options but, nope, all he would like to eat are Squares.

So, instead of fighting or pushing him, I let him eat the squares, again.

It is normal for toddlers to go through days of just having simple to no appetites. He has the capacity now to communicate when he is hungry and I trust our ability to understand each other. He trusts I won’t demand he eat something he doesn’t want to and I am happy to navigate that.

I trust he will tell me when he wants to eat so that I can offer him something different like, at least an apple.

Now on to the next item to integrate…dried fruit. (it should be easier than red pepper hummus)

No comments:

Post a Comment